Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Perks of painting

Painting doesn't have many perks.  It's tedious, leaves you sore, takes up too much time, and just plain not fun.  However, today I was realizing the best part of painting is listening to music and really being able to hear the lyrics and dissecting them. 

I have heard the song "Tonight" by Fun. a million times.  I can even sing along to the majority of the song, but it wasn't until today, while painting, that I noticed the lyric: "My lover she’s waiting for me just across the bar. My seat’s been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar, and I know I gave it to you months ago"  I knew all the lyrics surrounding that one except for the part that is in bold.  Funny how you can just miss the middle part of a sentence and never really notice. Made me wonder if he's talking about a physical scar or maybe more of mental scar.  Probably doesn't matter.  And then I watched the video for the first time.  It has 348+ million views and yet I was not one of them until today.  What a strange video!!



Then the song Fix my Eyes by For King & Country came on.  I've been hearing the song quite a bit on Siriusxm, but haven't really LISTENED.  Here's an excerpt:

All of the mistakes
All of the heartbreak
Here's what I'd do differently, I'd

Love like I'm not scared
Give when it's not fair
Live life for another
Take time for a brother
Fight for the weak ones
Speak out for freedom
Find faith in the battle
Stand tall but above it all
Fix my eyes on You
On You

What a great message to say to your kids or anyone.  Especially the line "Give when it's not fair."  Imagine if we all did that what a better world this would be.  Sometimes it's a hard thing to do, but that's probably when it's most important.



I was able to listen to so many other great songs today that I shouldn't be upset painting took over four hours.  I never get to listen to music straight for that amount of time.  It really is good for the soul.  I need to trap myself in a room with Amazon Prime music more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment