Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Bachelor Season 16 Premiere

Tonight I was feeling inspired to write a blog posting.  However, the topic that I am particularly inspired by is how a local computer repair company has let me down by having my computer for nearly 2 months now and it's still not fixed and in the meantime I was called an "over anxious customer" by the manager to the owner at said repair shop.  Since they are still in possession of my computer though, I have decided to not focus a rant around that until I have it back and fixed.  :)

The next logical topic I am inspired to write about would then be the season 16 premiere of ABC's The Bachelor.  This show, for reasons I cannot explain, it probably my biggest guilty pleasure.  I KNOW the premise for the show is so incredibly lame.  I KNOW much of it is scripted or set up and the producers will stop at nothing to create chaos, friction, and excitement.  I am also aware that every season it's the exact same dreadful stuff with just different characters.  And yet I can't quit it.  Just so you know how deep this obsession is, I follow many of past cast members on Twitter.  How sick is that?

Tonight's episode did not disappoint in the strange and crazy categories.  I love how in the very beginning when they do the interviews of the girls while they're packing, everyone seems fairly normal.  You can tell a little bit which of the ladies will be the aggressive types or who might be a little too clingy/needy, but overall their "crazy" is kept under wraps....

... that is until the limos pull up and one by one they ladies come out trying to leave a lasting impression on Bachelor Ben Flajnik.  Now Ben, he's not the worst Bachelor ever (that award goes to "Prince" Lorenzo) but he does absolutely nothing for me.  He's okay looking, but he has the personality of a gnat.  Very dull and monotone.  But I digress.  Back to the ladies... so they each come out of the limo saying and doing the most ridiculous things. One woman skipped the limo all together and came in on a horse.  Then, of all things, he ended up giving her the "first impression rose."  The sacred first rose given out to save a woman from elimination on the first night.  Another woman brought her grandmother out with her... I didn't understand that at all.  Another woman wore a huge Kentucky Derby type hat, another rapped, and some gave horrible one-liner pickup lines that even Ben admitted were corny.  I had to laugh at the lady from Detroit, MI who came out of the limo, just smiled at him, and kept walking.  He stated that was a ballsy move and apparently he's not about to chase any woman because she was later eliminated.

All of this silliness ended up being overshadowed later in the show by contestant, Jenna, crying her eyes out all night long because.... wait for it.... some girls aren't there for the right reasons.  SHOCKER!!!  She was especially put off by Monica who seemed more interested in striking up relationships with women in a non-platonic kind of way.  The best part?  The train wreck known as Jenna is a relationship blogger!  Her blog The Over-Analyst is about her analyzing love, relationships, fashion, lifestyle topics.  She has definitely been dubbed the nutcase of this season.  Judging from clips of upcoming episodes it looks as though it we have not seen the end of her insane episodes.  But this is what makes good TV.

An early favorite of mine is Jamie who at a young age adopted her younger siblings because she "didn't have a dad and her mom had dependency issues."  She is a registered nurse in labor and delivery in a hospital and seems like a good person who has had a tough life.  I just like to see good things happen to seemingly good people.  Assuming that Ben would be a "good thing."

So that is my recap of the Bachelor premiere!  Maybe I'll make this a weekly habit.












1 comment:

  1. Oh!! I cannot believe I forgot to mention the girl who is getting her doctorate in transmittable diseases and then proceeded to sanitize Ben. That was just weird!! Then later she rapped about diseases. She's a little too obsessed with diseases and that is something she should not talk about on a first make believe date.

    ReplyDelete