Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A room feels small until you paint it!

My kids don't have very big rooms.  Their rooms are adjoined by a "Jack and Jill" bathroom and therefore they don't have all that much wall space.  In my daughter's room one wall has the door entrance on it, another wall has the closet, the third wall has two very large windows, and the fourth wall has the door to the bathroom.  So I was under the misconception that painting it wouldn't be all that bad.... and maybe for experienced painters it's not.  However, turns out all of those doors and windows that take up wall space are a pain in the rear to paint around!  After 4+ hours, I am calling it quits for today.  I think it still needs another coat of paint and then the edging by the ceiling still needs to be done.  I have a phobia of ladders so either waiting for my husband to do it or my rent-a-husband friends to help me out.

Here are the before shots.  My daughter asked why we needed a "before" picture and I told her because one day we will forget her room was ever yellow or that she had carpet.




The deer watched us through the window prepare the room for painting. 



Then it was time to start painting!  There's no going back now!  The color she picked out is called "Flower Girl" by Behr.  How apropos!






This picture makes it look like we're all done....



But alas... short girl problems...





Meanwhile, Kitty appreciates the open window and I threaten his life if he lets his tail touch the paint.  Must have worked because he was a good boy.



New laminate flooring comes Monday and then I'll have official before and after pictures with everything completed!!  Feels good to work on a project on the house even if my bones and muscles are aching something fierce right now.  The sense of accomplishment is a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment